Eric Hsu, who heads the US Department of Commere’s Commercial Service in the U.S. Embassy in Chengdu, gave MWCA a quick summary of events not to miss this Fall in Southwestern China. Hsu gave a quick briefing on each event.
1. China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF) Autumn 2014
- CMEF (China International Medical Equipment Fair) Autumn 2014 will be held October 23-26, 2014 in Chongqing.
- CMEF is the largest show in China for medical industry. CMEF is a certified show by the U.S. Department of Commerce and CMEF Autumn 2014 has just received the confirmation of Certified Show by the US DOC.
- CMEF Autumn 2014 is expecting 2000 exhibitors (including more than 40 U.S. companies at the U.S. pavilion) and approximately 61,000 visitors.
- It will provide U.S. exhibitors and visitors an excellent opportunity to export the Chinese and international medical device market, both finished goods and components or contact manufacturing services.
- Concurrent with the show, CMEF will provide a variety of seminars and conferences which will greatly enhance exchange of information and business development.
CS China Team Support
- CS China Healthcare Team plan to support the U.S. pavilion at CMEF Autumn 2014.
- The Team will provide on-site counseling to U.S. companies, organize industrial seminars to promote U.S. export, host a breakfast briefing to help U.S. companies better understand China’s regulations and policies on medical devices and healthcare reform.
- The events can serve as a platform for U.S. companies to network with Chinese industrial experts and company executives to better understand the market needs and development trends.
- The CS HC team will take the opportunity for a team training to increase team members’ knowledge in related aspects.
2. Western China International Fair (WCIF)
- The WCIF is approved by the State Council and jointly hosted by 16 ministries and national commissions and 12 provinces in western China including autonomous regions and municipalities under the direct administration of the central government.
- It is an important platform for Western China’s investment promotion and trade cooperation.
- There have been 14 successful WCIF organized in Chengdu since its birth in 2000.
A Recap of the 14th WCIF ( October 23-27, 2013)
- Over 60,000 guests from 106 countries and regions attended the fair, among whom over 20,000 are foreign guests.
- Over 4,000 enterprises from 72 countries and 28 Chinese provinces attended the fair, the number of foreign enterprises and the area of their exhibitions took up 43% and 40.2% of the total.
- Famous companies like ABB, Siemens, Hyundai, Panasonic and Volvo participated the show.
- The 14the WCIF witnessed the signing of agreements of 462 investment projects, the contracted investment amounted to 563.18 billion RMB, the trading volume realized was 107.83 billion RMB.
About the 15th WCIF (October 23 – November 3, 2014)
- There will be a USA pavilion at the show organized by Amcham in Southwest China and Amcham South China
What can we offer if there is a U.S. delegation to attend the 15th WCIF?
- Arrange a U.S.-China Governor’s round table – If a group of governors from U.S. will attend the show, we can arrange a round table meeting for them to meet with governors from at least 12 Chinese provinces to discuss the future business cooperation.
- Industry focused seminar – If there are U.S. companies are interested in attending the show, we can try to arrange a seminar with an industry focus. But this challenge is the lead time is too short for the 15th WCIF.
3. Discover Global Markets Greater China Forum, New York City, NY, October 7-8, 2014
The DISCOVER GLOBAL MARKETS: Greater China Business Forum is a two-day conference that will provide numerous opportunities for your company to learn from experts with real-world experience in Greater China markets. Join the U.S. Department of Commerce on October 7-8, 2014 in New York City for a unique opportunity to gain insights and contacts to help you access export opportunities in Greater China.
- Meet one-on-one with U.S. Commercial Service diplomats.
- Acquire practical and actionable market intelligence on the world’s fastest-growing major economy.
- Obtain the resources necessary to succeed in the challenging, but rewarding market of Greater China.
- Any U.S. company that is already an experienced exporter and is seeking to learn about how to successfully sell its products and services in the Greater China region should consider joining the Forum.